- Shampoo your hair daily: it will get rid of pollen trapped there
- Gently blowing your nose gets rid of pollen: do so regularly
- Use sunglasses as they reduce the effect of pollen on the eye (conjuctivitis)
- Don't dry your clothes outside as pollen may settle on them
- Smearing vaseline on the inside of your nose works just as well as many official medicines
- Work out what pollens you are allergic to, and be particularly careful at times of year and places where they are prevalent. Allergy tests may be available, or keep a diary of your symptoms
- Enjoy walks in the day not the evening as pollen counts are highest in the evening
- Making love produces natural antihistamines and so helps unblock the nose!
This is my paraphrase of material from The Times which I read in The Week of 30th April 2011.